Nancy has a long history of caring and working in the human services field. She is a clinical and community social worker and yoga teacher/mindfulness practitioner. Nancy is a passionate social worker who has worked most of her career in Northern Canada including the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Labrador. While working in small northern communities she helped the communities cope with trauma and grief, often acting as front line first responder as well as follow up clinical care. She has spent 30 years in the human services field and 15 as a registered social worker.
While working and living in Labrador, Nancy embraced the Inuit culture and acquired her own team of husky dogs. These amazing teachers have imparted many lessons to her: respect for Mother Nature and the deep connections all beings share; the discovery and appreciation of her own unique strengths and the importance of self-compassion and resilience; and many lessons about living and dying.
Nancy is acutely aware of the impact that others, and our animals, have on us and the role everyone plays in supporting us in our life journey. She embraces this philosophy and promotes compassion for self and others.
Nancy’s work life includes the following experiences:
- Elder Abuse Prevention Coordinator & Clinical Director, Camp Erin
- Contractual Social Worker for several Long-Term Care Residences - Age Wise Inc.
- Counselling and Support Services – Clinical Counsellor Intern
- Travel Social Worker for Venture Healthcare visiting remote Nunavut communities.
- Community Social Worker - Labrador Grenfell Health Youth & Family Services.
- Executive Director for the John Howard Society of the Northwest Territories.
- Parole Officer - Correctional Service of Canada in Yellowknife, NT.
- Tenant Relations Officer – Yellowknife Housing Authority
Nancy is a member of:
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Canadian Association of Social Workers