We could all use a little Zen sometimes, especially this time of year. Zen refers to a feeling we get when we take a pause from life. People tend to be too busy and stressed this time of year, or even feeling a little empty. The gifts listed are intended to not only spread some joy in the receiver’s life but also in your life as well. If you don’t have anyone in your life that you exchange gifts with any more, give a gift to yourself! Or donate one to someone else. Maybe that favourite sales person or cashier at the grocery store. Whoever you pick, here are some wonderfully Zen gifts for you to make or buy.
- The gift of yoga! Either a yoga mat to inspire and encourage someone to take up a class. Or a CD to try it at home, there are some wonderful CD’s on the market. Maybe giving a gift certificate for a free class or two. Yoga is a great way to relax, rejuvenate and help with stress. Just learning how to breathe is worth the time to attend a class. Breathing can help you sleep and reduce anxiety! It is also helpful to help prevent and calm a panic attack.
- The gift of aromatherapy! Essential oils make a great gift. Give one with a nice oil burner and you have a very Zen gift. Essential oils also are used in natural soaps and bath bombs. Lavender is a very popular oil and is able to be used by most people. Make your own Zen gift by placing some bath salts in a nice jar, add a few drops of oil, shake and voila! A wonderful bath experience in a jar that makes a great Zen gift!!. Add a few tea lights to the gift bag and you have given a spa experience in a bag.
- The gift of incense! Wonderfully scentsationaly, incense is rumored to have cleansing abilities. Use it to make a room feel more positive. It can be a great aid when meditating, helping calm the mind and lift the spirit. Incense comes in different shapes and sizes and there are great incense burners available as well. Find one that speaks to you.
- Gift of sound! Tibetan bowls are beautiful to look at and listen to. There is not a lot of history available about them. They can be used to help you go into deeper meditation using the bowls vibration, and they can be quite beautiful! They were rumored to have been used by monks during religious practices but there are also rumors they were used for magic. We will never know for sure.
- The gift of self! I am a big fan of journaling. Journals make a beautiful and wonderfully Zen gift for you or someone else. Write it, feel it, let it go! Journals can help you get out the nasty stuff inside and move forward in a positive way. Journaling can help with sleep by helping you “dump” all the tough thoughts out of your brain that are keeping you awake. Get really Zen and make your own!
These are five ideas to get you started on your Zen giving journey, enjoy and have fun this holiday season. Help bring a smile to someone’s face and feel yours light up.
Have a great holiday season. Reach out to someone if you need to. Thanks for reading, Nancy